Sunday, August 8, 2010

[Reading Status] I think I'm gonna regret prioritizing this crap...

READING:
The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel: The Alchemyst by Michael Scott (226 of 375)

ON-HOLD:
Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (166 of 486)
Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan (148 of 322)

FOR RE-READING:
Leviathan by Scott Westerfield
Blood Red Snow White by Marcus Sedgwick
Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell by Sussana Clark


I saw the hardbound version of the third installment of the Nicholas Flamel series on sale, so I placed books 2 and 3 on reservation (which will expire tomorrow) and bought the first book. I had been interested in the book for a long time already, but I thought of prioritizing the other books I like before it. The sale of the third book might've been the sign that I shold start the series already, so I thought of finishing the first book before I decide whether to buy its sequels or not.

And most probably I won't be buying those two books. It's not really that bad, but so far it's very disappointing. I don't get what my friend saw in this (she said it was good and is very impatient to read the second book..... but I think we'll be having different opinions on it. Ironically I think I was the one who introduced the series to her) but since we usually have similar tastes, I'll be giving this a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment