Monday, August 9, 2010

[New Books] July 16 2010 to August 9, 2010

=== BOOKS BOUGHT:
  1. The Book Without Words (AVI)
    I adored AVI's Midnight Magic so another fantasy novel by this author would be splendid~
  2. Crispin: The Cross of Lead (AVI)
    I actually have the sequel of this which I've mistaken for the first book x_x Now I finally have this! It's award-winning so it has to be good! Its main character kinda reminds me of the Crispin from Noli Me Tangere (by Jose Rizal). Hehe.
  3. The Traitor's Gate (AVI)
    I think a detective-ish novel by AVI would be interesting~
  4. The Last Unicorn (Peter S. Beagle)
    I absolutely love unicorns and I finally got the best unicorn related classic ever after several years of searching!
  5. The Unicorn Road (Martin Davies)
    The word "unicorn" got my attention.... and the story seems interesting.
  6. The Myth Hunter (Christopher Golden)
    An attorney becoming a hero involving alternate reality and Jack Frost? Cool. I've been eyeing on this for a long time already. Finally got it!
  7. Dirty Magic (Carol Hughes)
    I love stories with brothers rescuing their sisters. Hopefully this is better than Darkhenge, which has a similar pair of siblings.
  8. The Swan Thieves (Elizabeth Kostova)
    A psychiatrist studies a madman who was a painter that brutally attacked a canvas? Interesting~
  9. The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl (Barry Lyga)
    The title amused me a lot. And it has a lot of comic references I've heard, then this may be a fun read!
  10. The Nautical Chart (Arturo Perez-Reverte)
    The author seems famous (so most likely he's good) and the story on this one seems very very interesting. I've been tempted to buy his other novels too, but for now I took the one on sale. Hehe.
  11. Rampant (Diana Peterfreund)
    This is the type that I would have ignored if it weren't for its idea of evil unicorns. Haha!
  12. Inverted World (Christopher Priest)
    I adored Priest's The Separation. I've been hunting his other books ever since. I didn't need to read the plot to make me bring it to the cashier. His books are so hard to get and as expected, the plot is interesting anyway.
  13. Septimus Heap Book 1: Magyk (Angie Sage)
    I remember a LiveJournal friend recommending this but I can't remember who. Ah well, my LJ friends and I have the same taste, so I'm hoping for this to be worth it.
  14. The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel: The Alchemyst (Michael Scott)
    I'm a sucker for alchemy stuff.... and I've loved series with twins as main characters since childhood.
  15. The Interpretation of Murder (Jed Rubenfeld)
    Famous psychologists as main characters and investigating murder cases? Enough to make me interested~
  16. The Dark Flight Down (Marcus Sedgwick)
    Even though its prequel wasn't as good as I expected, Sedgwick had impressed me with his other works. I feel obliged to read this sequel. This was actually the first book by Sedgwick that I've laid my eyes on after all (Just didn't buy it that time because the prequel wasn't available)
  17. The Kiss of Death (Marcus Sedgwick)
    I didn't really know the plot when I bought it.... but I've been collecting all of Sedgwick's YA novels.... I can't not make my collection incomplete? Haha!
  18. Sacrifice (Sarah Singleton)
    Crusaders, knights, holy war.... I'm a sucker for these stuff. Haha! And the main characters are from different lands, eh? I like nationality variation~
  19. I am the Messenger (Markus Zusak)
    The Book Thief was brilliant! This one seems even more interesting! I know it won't let me down!
My favorite Bookstore had a sale (until now, will last until August 22) so getting all the interesting ones in a lower price had been so iresistable xD

=== BOOKS BORROWED:
  1. The Secret Series 1: The Name of This Book Is Secret (Pseudonymous Bosch)
    This series has been in my wishlist for a long time but only recently have I found the first book! I'm happy that xtine06 asked me to buy it for her =D
  2. The Secret Series 2: If You're Reading This, It's Too Late! (Pseudonymous Bosch)
    The same as the first book.
  3. My Sister's Keeper (Jodi Piccoult)
    xtine06 enjoyed it so I think I would as well so I borrowed it from her. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment