Monday, February 15, 2010

[First Sighting] Shutter Island

I've heard about this movie since last year, but I thought it was just a simple horror movie. But when I saw its trailer for the first time when I watched the Lightning Thief movie, my jaw dropped.

It was so . . . thrilling.

The year is 1954 (so in a way it's historical, my type), U.S. Marshal Teddy Daniels and his new partner, Chuck Aule, (cop partners! Sweet! And this also means action! Gun action! Yay!) have come to Shutter Island, (people in a secluded/isolated area for crime-related reasons have their own cultural and behavioral pucularities . . . interesting) home of Ashecliffe Hospital for the Criminally Insane (I am highly interested in stories about criminals and psychiatry stuff~ Yaaay!), to investigate the disappearance of a patient (detective investigation!!! Oh how much more is this gonna please me?). Multiple murderess Rachel Solando (a female murderer! You don't encounter that often in movies) is loose somewhere on this remote and barren island, despite having been kept in a locked cell under constant surveillance (That's so mysterious~). As a killer hurricane bears relentlessly down on them, a strange case takes on even darker (darker . . . I love that), more sinister shades(I love creepy stuff!)—with hints of radical experimentation, horrifying surgeries, (I love creepy stuff! Though tortures and medical experiments horrify me the most . . . then this means good horror material for me then. Sweet~) and lethal countermoves made in the cause of a covert shadow war. No one is going to escape Shutter Island unscathed (now it's some sort of an escape adventure and a survival game! Awesome!), because nothing at Ashecliffe Hospital is remotely what it seems (I'm curious of what that phrase meant~).

I fell in love with the trailer! I want to see this so badly!!!! I think some people have already seen it, and the earliest official release date that I've seen is later this month. Sadly, in my country it won't be released in theaters until April . . . guuuuhh . . . this wait is horrifying. And no, I don't want to watch an awesome movie through streaming or through those cheap DVD's. It has to be seen on full screen. But that wait . . .what torture . . .

But recently I found out that it's actually based on a novel! And I see it being successful and highly praised by critics. Oh goodie! Makes me want to read the book soon! I'm so hunting for it on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment